Bootloop - what going on here?

whatup

Hi

This morning one of our servers was rebooting ever 5 or 6 minutes and since I could not find a cause I removed the PW manager and the Problem was solved. 

Reinstalled it and problem was there again and so I removed it again and we'll called it a day for now. 

But like 6hrs later my phone was going completely nuts with one warning after another and almost all server were in the same bootloop, restart and after 5 minutes the next reboot 

So I checked the workstations and yes same issue here, I just don't have warnings for them. 

So removing PW from 30 clients on a Sunday wasn't an option so I figured I start with disabling patch management - after I removed the patch management from all devices I had no mre restarts. 

Is there a simple explanation for that? 

My policies were in place for weeks without issues, server updates every Monday and workstation every 2nd day

Thx 

Edited by whatup

• Administrators

Hi there,

That's very concerning indeed. Can you please enable diagnostic logging from the Pulseway Manager -> Settings -> Diagnostics then set the patch policy again and force it to run once. If you notice it goes into a restart loop again remove the policy and PM me the trace.log file. I'll investigate it right away.

Thanks,

-Paul

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Hi there,

That's very concerning indeed. Can you please enable diagnostic logging from the Pulseway Manager -> Settings -> Diagnostics then set the patch policy again and force it to run once. If you notice it goes into a restart loop again remove the policy and PM me the trace.log file. I'll investigate it right away.

Thanks,

-Paul

Hi, just did that on 1 server. It rebooted twice. How can I help you to get the tracelog?

Hi there,

same behaviour for one of our client's Servers this morning.

Removing PW Manager fixed the issues, so far it has only affected this machine as I could tell. 

Since it's Sunday, I hope there will be now Clients in this bootloop tomorrow morning.

I have disabled PM for now on all our devices, just to be perfectly safe.