Pulseway update 5.4.4

Gary Haberl

Yup, happening again.

I am finding that pulseway client on some systems does not restart after the system updates (windows updates) and reboots.  I have an old Windows 2008 R2 system that Pulseway does not restart, and I have a new Windows 10 Pro that is doing the same thing.  Not sure about other systems yet.

• Staff

Hi Gary,

At first please have a look into the Windows event log, to find out why the Pulseway service fails to start (look for the entry from Service ControlManager), if the error is that service did not respond to start or control request in a timely manner, then the first thing that you can try is to configure the Pulseway service start as Automatic(Delayed Start) and/or recovery options. But If that doesn't help, then you can try to increase the startup timeout by running built-in script 'Increase Windows Service Timeout at Startup' (You can adjust the timeout interval. In this script it is set to 60000ms [60 seconds]). You will need to clone the built-in script and edit it. Our customers get the best results if the timeout interval is set to 90000 (90 seconds).

You can run this script on multiple machines at once via the Pulseway Automation. Please read more about this from here.

But if the Pulseway service starts and then stops, then please open the Pulseway Manager on the remote system and enable the Diagnostic Logging under the Settings -> Diagnostics. After you've enabled the diagnostic logging, stop the Pulseway service, wait for 15 seconds and then start it. Leave it running until the machine is shown as offline (until the Pulseway service stops) and then send us the trace.log file from the Pulseway's installation folder so we can investigate the issue.

Please let me know how it goes.