Contract Renewals

Colm Whelan

How can I renew an expired contract?  Do I just need to clone it and change the dates?  Can I then hide the deactivated contract?

It would be really nice if this were automated - something like a "rolling contract" type that renews automatically

Edited by Colm Whelan
forgot something

• Staff

Hi Colm,

How can I renew an expired contract?  Do I just need to clone it and change the dates?

Yes, when you choose the option to clone the contract, then you can change the dates.

image.png.b23fc7a8a8ae4bce0eb37bb7cdd2237c.png

Can I then hide the deactivated contract?

Unfortunately, you can not hide deactivated contracts.

It would be really nice if this were automated - something like a "rolling contract" type that renews automatically.

Is it possible that you are looking for reoccurring services? Please check this link.

image.thumb.png.ccb604579225b699db703579f0929194.png

Hi @Chris  Thanks for the reply.  I have figured out setting up the contracts and recurring services part quite easily.  Here's the problem

1. If I set the billing period to monthly then it always bills on the 1st of the month (or even worse on the 1st of the year!)
  2. If I set the billing period to Contract Length then I have to manually clone every contract every time it expires and I currently have a lot of monthly contracts!!

Have I correctly stated the problem?  If so, is there currently a way around this?

• Staff

@Colm,

1. If I set the billing period to monthly then it always bills on the 1st of the month (or even worse on the 1st of the year!)

image.png.05e4a041b5bdcac00f01aedc419f3936.png

If you will choose the option 'End of Billing Cycle', then the customer will be billed at the end of the calendar month (31st or 30th).

2. If I set the billing period to Contract Length then I have to manually clone every contract every time it expires and I currently have a lot of monthly contracts!!

Yes, this is correct. If you choose the option 'Contract Length', then you will be billed based on the start or end date of the contract.