Remote Desktop on Windows 8.1

Darfare

Hello,

I have been using the (PC Monitor) Pulseway Remote Desktop on my machine for quite awhile.

I decided to uninstall the old pc monitor client to replace with the pulseway, after that I could use the remote desktop anymore.

Getting this error;

xGvvkMC.png

I noticed the file; pcmrdp-agent.dll is missing. I tried forcing the client to update but no luck.

All the others pc I have runs Windows 7 they all have the file but not Windows 8.1.

When trying adding a file in to the folder I get access denied even tho I'm the admin.

So there a easy way to get this fixed?

• Staff

Hi,

We are in process of releasing the Pulseway Remote Desktop Release Candidate to the public and it is being published in stages. We will announce when the Remote Desktop libraries are fully released.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

What did i miss when i get the message:

The remote desktop libraries are no longer supported, please update them to the latest version'

when i try to initiate a remote desktop connection, my clients are updated to 4.7.2 release (release candidate)

thanks

• Staff

Hi,

An update on this: 

We have published the new Remote Desktop components and the update is rolling out now. 

In order to speed up the update process, simply restart the Pulseway service on the computer you are trying to connect to.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• Staff

Hi Darfare,

The error your happens when you restart the Pulseway service and the client application had an outdated list of sessions. This is resolved by simply waiting for the list of sessions to refresh (15 seconds) or closing the session list window and opening it one more time. If you continue experiencing problems please contact support [at] pulseway [dot] com and I will escalate your request.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

Hi Darfare,

The error your happens when you restart the Pulseway service and the client application had an outdated list of sessions. This is resolved by simply waiting for the list of sessions to refresh (15 seconds) or closing the session list window and opening it one more time. If you continue experiencing problems please contact support [at] pulseway [dot] com and I will escalate your request.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

Chris,

I just tried that but with no luck. It just wierd that it happens now with all the pc's.

I will send a contact support when I get home.

@affer, Nice topic hijacking ;-)

• Staff

Hi Darfare,

There was a problem with the agent-client handshake in certain circumstances. Our development team has fixed it and we published the changes immediately. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support