Pulseway to monitor Plex Media Server service

twittemb

Hi guys,

I'm new to Pulseway ans i must say that it's a great software. I'm using the Ubuntu version.

I'd like to monitor (and restart if necessary) my plex media server process. I can't figure out how the config.xml "services" section works.

I'm using "sudo service plexmediaserver start" to start Plex ...

Can anyone help me with that issue ? Thanks

Best regards,

Thibault.

• 1 month later...

This is a few days old, so I don't know if you figured this out yet, but I will post this anyway.

1. Make sure your add your username and password to this line:

<Account Username="" Password="" UseCustomServer="false" CustomServerAddress="" />

2. Add your hostname to this line:

<ComputerInformation Name="" Group="Default" />

3. in the  <MonitoredServices> section add the line:

<Service Name="plexmediaserver" DisplayName="Plex Media Server" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="UPSTART" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" />

If the service shows it's not started in Pulseway, then change DaemonType to SYSVINIT. a couple years ago there was a problem when Ubuntu switched to upstart. I haven't used Plex in a few years, so I don't know if they made a upstart version for Ubuntu. Newer versions of Ubuntu will run most sysv inits just fine and it doesn't hurt to try to see which one works.

• 4 years later...

I have been trying to figure this out for a wile and I finally figured it out and this seems to be the only post I can find that talks about Pulseway montering the PLEX service so I figured I would share for others trying to do the same.

Set the DaemonType to SYSTEMD

<Service Name="plexmediaserver" DisplayName="Plex Media Server" IsDaemon="true" DaemonType="SYSTEMD" Path="" StartParameters="" CanBeStopped="true" Enabled="true" />

• 1 year later...