Bug or feature - not sure

TheAnomaly

I have a number of pc's under my care and they have mostly the same hardware.  Due to a recent problem I re-installed 2 pc's.  I setup the one, cloned it and then applied the clone to the other.  My problem is this:  The cloned pc shows up as the first user.  ie; If Heather starts her pc first her system shows in the systems manager.  However if Maxene boots first her machine shows in the systems manager, but never the two separate. They're two different machines but show as one.  I did uninstall PC Monitor and re-install but it still see's it as one.  Names in the PC Monitor config are configured differently BTW.

Feature:  I could save money and buy one license and install it on two desktops,  They would need to be desktops owned by me but where only one is on at a time.  ie: I own 2 and use one at work and another at home.  (You lose money though)

Bug:  I can't clone machines with PC Monitor installed as it will always show as one user. :(

Verdict?  How do I "clean" the one pc so it shows individually?

• 2 weeks later...

How does the Monitor keep track of individual users so that I can clean the one pc and reinstall the monitor please?  I'm sitting with 1 PC unmonitored because your software thinks it's someone else.  Surely PC's are unique when the monitor reports back to "the mother ship"

• Administrators

There is a registry value value inside HKEYLM/Software/MMOSFT Design Ltd/PC Monitor called ComputerName. If both computers come online at the same time I believe one of them will change it's identifier. If not then clone a machine without computer name and identifier.