Access for free users

qwer9182

• Administrators

Hello,

This is a good question but in a bad context. As I've seen in the news post they have taken down the Web App because of a server upgrade and to ensure quality of service for current subscribers. I understand this decision and I am happy that it happened to be honest.

Recently they have increased the number of computers you can monitor for free from three to five thus allowing you to do more for free. This has been done only to perform a favor to it's free users that don't want to spend money on a tool that keeps them connected with their PCs because we all know that if a company needs more computers to monitor they buy more licenses with no problem. However the decision on taking down the Web Application for free users must have been tied to the computer limit upgrade because they are trying to balance these two types of memberships and to offer high quality service and 99% uptime to everybody and we all know this is not an easy thing to do if your giving away everything for free.

In other words asking for a date when this decision will change is out of the discussion because I'm sure if it would've been possible to keep it going there would have been no reason to take it off. Try to understand that now the decision has been made there is no way knowing when this will revert.

Paul.

Then I'd really like to see all options to manage monitored devices (and that are available in mobile clients) being accessible from PC Monitor Dashboard application for Windows... Currently it is only possible to see if device is on- or off-line, it basic statistics and notifications. Not talking about users of OS X only users, that have no chance to perform any monitoring without web. Such setup users of free service are forced to use mobile client only :-( Managing the server load I do not think it makes difference if device is monitored/managed via mobile client or from Dashboard application... or from web.

• Administrators

Well rather than asking for more you can buy yourself a subscription and get all those subscriber features too such as server modules and now web app.

It's a good price to be honest and I think you would be actually doing yourself a favour by taking it.

If you really want a free solution use the Windows 8 app to manage your computers.

Paul, We already received more (5 devices that can be monitored now for free) and I'm not asking for even more. I'm asking for not taking away something that was given to us when we started enjoing the service some time ago. Anyhow free users that have requirements for very basic monitoring are cut off from many more advanced features that professionals appreciate for sure. If I'd need to rely on such tool in my job I'd not hesitate to pay any moment. For hobbysts, using Mobile PC Monitor privately, it is though significant step back. If I could choose; I'd stay with previous model; I just want to monitor one Windows Home Server instance and do not need 5 PCs to be monitored. Doing this quickly and conveniently via web was significant advantage. Now I'll probably just stick to WSH native web interface...