Other than email notification

evenmosbek

Hello,

Is it possible to trigger a script/file or command when a specific notification settings is met?

e.g. when system temperature is critical i would like to suspend the computer as well as sending my self an email notification.

Can this be done?

Thanks!

Love the program by the way :)

• Administrators

For now the only way to do this is to use rules that can execute actions but rules are based mainly on performance counters at the moment. We will extend them to add other parameters used for notifications.

Hi,

For now until other triggers are implemented you can get the notifications you want and then take action by running the poweroftheshell plugin, creating a script that suspends the machine mentioned in the notification.

Then if you have WOL enable you can start it again from PCM also :)

• Administrators

Hello,

You can have a plugin that reads the temperatures using the same dll reference Mobile PC Monitor uses and have your plugin mimic the functionality of PC Monitor however when he detects unusually high temperatures, send an email and suspend the computer. Everything is possible in programming :lol: .

Paul.

Hi Paul :)

I am obvious a fan of plugins. ;) but creating a plugin here for this when PCM can do 80% of the stuff requested only missing the trigger to be added to the rules. I think it would be wrong to create a plugin takeing features out of the main product. So I agree it is possible to do and if it will not be implemented by PCM devs then it's up to the user to add it if they want it. But for now I would wait and see. ;)

Cheers.