various questions

Cor van Vaneveld

Good morning,

Being a satisfied user of Pulseway, I still have a few questions:

1. How do I monitor the Ashay Backup (version 6)? I’d like to know whether the backup succeeded or failed.
  2. Is it possible to monitor the internet speed? How do I configure that?
  3. Is it possible to monitor Backup exec? How do I configure that?

• Administrators

Hi Cor,

How do I monitor the Ashay Backup (version 6)? I’d like to know whether the backup succeeded or failed.

If it writes in the Event Log whenever backups fails or finish successfully then you should be able to monitor it with using Pulseway.

Is it possible to monitor the internet speed? How do I configure that?

No, not at this time. You could write a script that runs a speedtest every day. Script link: https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/Speedtest/2.0/Content/Speedtest.ps1.

Is it possible to monitor Backup exec? How do I configure that?

You can get a lot of the event ID's by going to Tools -> Alert Categories. Look by the box 'record in the Windows Event Log' as you scroll through the alert catagories and you can see the Event ID for most of the events logged in the application log. Finally configure these IDs in the Pulseway Manager.

-Paul

1 hour ago, Paul said:

If it writes in the Event Log whenever backups fails or finish successfully then you should be able to monitor it with using Pulseway.

That is how I monitor my Veeam backups.  It writes to the event log and I get alerted on the failure of any jobs.  Works very well.