PCs Showing Offline

bshukrallah

Hello,

I have installed Pulseway on various PCs, but several of them will show offline randomly even when I know a user is on them. Currently I have 4 machines showing offline when I know someone is using them right now. They might show online for a few hours, then show offline for a few hours. I've gotten the following error from the Trace.log:

2/14/2017, 15:30:49.073: [Service] Updating server settings...

2/14/2017, 15:30:49.214: [Service] Unable to update the server settings: An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://icafarmville.pulseway.com/Server.svc. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

• Administrators

Also check to see that icafarmville.pulseway.com resolves correctly on that machine.

Output on my machine:

C:\Users\Paul                        
λ  nslookup icafarmville.pulseway.com
Server:  UnKnown                     
Address:  192.168.2.1                

Non-authoritative answer:            
Name:    eslb.pulseway.com           
Addresses:  69.65.50.6               
Aliases:  icafarmville.pulseway.com

-Paul

It is resolving correctly. It's strange though, like I said, it's multiple machines, and that randomly show online and offline and different times throughout the day. Could the service be stopping?

I've attached a photo where I used windows RDP to remote into a PC, run nslookup, and everything checks out, but the machine shows offline?

• Administrators

I doubt that the service is stopping. We've seen something similar on a customer's site where there was a Sophos UTM that had content filtering turned on. Do you have any firewall software or hardware between the machines and the internet?

-Paul

• Administrators

Just to completely exclude the Barracuda Web Filter, can you setup one machine that connects directly to the internet or completely bypass the web filter? The error message is saying that it reached a server but the SSL negotiation has failed (it reached a machine that doesn't support SSL or there is a protocol mismatch) which can only happen if the agent connected to something other than our servers.

-Paul