VSS Error

MoreVis

Hi,

I am having issues below after installing Pulseway on my VMs and backing up via Altaro. Checking the forum I found an old post that recommends “Disable hard disk monitoring to prevent VSS locks” is that still the recommended fix for the below error? I was able to disable the Backup (volume checkpoint) in the hyper-v manager to get backups to start/complete but would rather not have to do this each time.

Thanks for any help!!

Altaro Error

Hyper-V reported that there was a problem taking an internal shadow copy on this VM. This may be a temporary problem and the Microsoft recommended way to fix this error is to wait ten minutes and then repeat the operation, up to three times. (Error code 'VSS_4104')

Please check the Windows Event Log for more details, especially the "Hyper-V VMMS" event log on the Hyper-V host.

Additional information is available:

Hyper-V reported that there was a problem taking an internal shadow copy on this VM. The Hyper-V VSS writer operation failed because of an error that might recur if another shadow copy is created. (Error code 'VSS_5015')

Please check the Windows Event Log for more details, especially the "Hyper-V VMMS" event log on the Hyper-V host.

Event Viewer

Guest VM Name: ***

Backup Result: Failed Backup - The operation encountered an error. (ALTERR_BASEBACKUPCONTROLLER_016)

There was an error while taking a shadow copy on this VM. (ALTERR_VSS_134)

Hyper-V reported that there was a problem taking an internal shadow copy on this VM. This may be a temporary problem and the Microsoft recommended way to fix this error is to wait ten minutes and then repeat the operation, up to three times. (ALTERR_VSS_4104)

Hyper-V reported that there was a problem taking an internal shadow copy on this VM. The Hyper-V VSS writer operation failed because of an error that might recur if another shadow copy is created. (ALTERR_VSS_5015)

Backup operation started at: Today at 01:33