64bit Centos 5?

darvil

Hi, I am on trial of pulseway.

I notice that I wasn't able to install pulseway agent for xenserver 6.5.

On this version xenserver is now using 64bit but they're still using centos 5 (not 6) for their base system.  Because of this I wasn't able to install the 64bit agent as it requires dependencies from centos 6 which doesn't exists on centos5.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

Hi Chris,

I understand that you don't support centos 5.. but doesn't the videos contradict the statement?

With 

and 

(in this video you can see the xenserver listed as a server module).

Xenserver is based on centos 5.

Please advise.  Thank you.

• Staff

Hi,

The Xen Server server module is feature of the Windows Agent that allows you to monitor and manage Xen Server from another windows agent in the network. Does that make sense?

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that.  Yes it works great.  I do have another question though.  For those of us who install our xenservers in standalone mode, I assume there isn't a way to add more then 1 xenserver machines at a time in the server module.  Am I right on that?  On a side note, would adding a pool master to the server module do the trick of seeing on the VMs if all of the servers were in pool?  Thanks.

• Staff

Hi,

Yes, that would definitely work. You will be able to see all hosts and VMs that are in the same server pool. However please note that the agent can only connect to one xenserver instance and if that instance is unavailable then you will not be able to monitor other hosts in the pool or VMs even if they are offline.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support