Enterprise Server - Much Smaller Licenses

ocdtrekkie

So, I have been doing a big de-clouding of my life, largely for privacy reasons. I have used Enterprise Server at work, and it's a great product. I would love to use it to monitor three to five machines at home, but obviously it's priced well outside the zone for that. I am really looking for more products which allow private server options at an affordable rate for small use.

Since I started using PC Monitor/Pulseway for home use, I've always been a free user. The paid versions simply don't offer anything compelling. A reasonable price to run the software without relying on a cloud service though, would easily earn my money.

• Staff

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, the Pulseway Enterprise Server software is not designed for small installations due to the complexity of it's infrastructure (DNS record, SSL Certificate and Public IPv4 Address) and dependencies (SQL Server and Windows Server) which are not inexpensive for a home user as well. We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause but we don't plan on creating smaller packages for the server software any time soon.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely understand why it wouldn't be a priority. Though if I recall from experience, it can use SQL Express Edition, which is free, and Windows Server Essentials (at $400 one-time fee) or a standard Windows desktop install even should provide the components needed to host the server. Public addresses, SSL certs, and DNS records are all things tech enthusiasts can accomplish with a mediocre investment.

But again, I understand. I just wanted to state I would love to have it. ;)

• Staff

Hi,

We have plans on offering hosted enterprise plans in the future which will support smaller packages as well. Also to prevent any confusion, the Pulseway Enterprise Server software can only on Windows Server operating systems and it doesn't support workstation operating systems.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support