Wrong memory size, and memory used displayed

engrmanager

Today I just downloaded and installed 32 bit debian Pulseway on a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) machine.  There is 12GB of memory installed and 1GB in use.  In the Pulseway client (W8 Phone in this case, but I've seen it wrong in other clients) - the client shows 4GB installed and 3GB available.

I have tried installing the 64 bit debian, but the Ubuntu installer says its the wrong architecture.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Richard

• Staff

Hi,

If you installed the 32-bit version of Ubuntu, it won't recognize over 4GB of memory. You will need to install the 64-bit version of Ubuntu for the system to recognize more than 4GB of memory.

You have three solutions:

• install a 64-bit kernel on your i386 installation
  • install a 32-bit kernel with PAE activated
  • reinstall a complete 64-bit system

Regards,

Mark

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/32bit_and_64bit

Hi,

If you installed the 32-bit version of Ubuntu, it won't recognize over 4GB of memory. You will need to install the 64-bit version of Ubuntu for the system to recognize more than 4GB of memory.

You have three solutions:

• install a 64-bit kernel on your i386 installation
  • install a 32-bit kernel with PAE activated
  • reinstall a complete 64-bit system

Regards,

Mark

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/32bit_and_64bit

Thank you for your reply!

I do have 32 bit Ubuntu installed.  I'm not sure about PAE activated or not (I'm not actually at that computer location so I can't get to BIOS).  

From the Ubuntu command line, "Free" shows the correct Memory size and utilization (i.e. not limited to 4GB).

I've used PCMonitor in the past with no server changes, and my recollection (which I admit might be faulty), is that in those previous PCMonitor versions, the correct memory size and utilization was reported by an android client (which I no longer use).   

This isn't a huge issue, so I can live with the wrong memory reports, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

BTW - in the past when I set up the Linux part with the Java based manager, the client had an option to see all users, and issue kill commands to individual users.  That doesn't seem to be available in the config.xml file now.  Are there plans to reintroduce that feature?

Thanks again,

Richard

• Staff

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! We'll try to replicate the issue. (although 32 bits OS are very uncommon this days :) )

Future releases will add new functionality (all functionality from java client will be available in native client).

Regards,

Mark