email on event

mrmchammer

Hi,

just wondered if there was a way to specify any rules when sending emails, i.e. when a certain event happens send an email but not for other events? Also i noticed that for things like servers offline, the email notification keeps being sent over and over whilst the status isn't changed, is there a way of only sending one email untill the status changes again?

• Administrators

Hello,

The email notification will be sent whenever you receive a notification from the server. For instance, the shutdown notification will be resent every 15 minutes if you keep deleting the notification using your mobile client and the computer remains offline. Your best option here is to leave the offline notification on your mobile client and delete it only after you receive the "Is up and running" notification.

Paul

yeah, we use a mixture of mobile and the desktop view but id like certain types of events to send an email in addition to the onscreen notifications, the reason for this is that i would like to log a call with our helpdesk software (which uses email)