The system cannot find the path specified

Leon from AIOI

Hi,

I am new to pulseway. Have written the following PowerShell script which works fine on my test machine.

Clear-RecycleBin -Force

However when run from pulse way it reports the script has run successfully but nothing is deleted from the recycle bin.

The following error is shown in execution details:

Clear-RecycleBin : The system cannot find the path specified
At C:\Program Files\Pulseway\automation_b6682084_076f_4d67_80a0_0200e70e0897.ps1:1 char:1
+ Clear-RecycleBin -Force
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (RecycleBin:String) [Clear-RecycleBin], Win32Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FailedToClearRecycleBin,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ClearRecycleBinCommand

I have tried:

cd \
Clear-RecycleBin -Force

But same results.

Is this a permission issue, that does not allow the script to run ?

• Administrators

Hey @Leon from AIOI Thanks for reaching out. So in response to your first question please enable PowerShell impersonation. Open Pulseway Manager head to settings > Runtime and Enable PowerShell impersonation then you should be able to enter the credential and run the scripts. 

Let me know if that works and if not I will raise a ticket for you with support

Thanks,
Stefan 

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks Stefan.

Running Clear-RecycleBin -Force requires the user to be impersonated whose recycle bin is being cleared.

This would be a maintenance nightmare as requires each user to have their credentials entered into pulseway client. Then when they change passwords, would need to update.

Could you please raise a ticket for support to see if there is an easy way to auto empty the recycle bin each for users when ever a file has been deleted 7 days or more ago.