Installing Pulsway Via Powershell script

Nick530

Hello All, 

I am attempting to install puslway by using a powershell script. what i am trying to acomplish is being able to have a way to run a script against a windows machine either via intune or A provisioning package to install pulsway during New deivce provisioning. I have a way to do the install using an MSI file but im worried about the installer expiring, so i was trying to find a way to install pulsway using the installer link which does not expire. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

• Administrators

Hey @Nick530

You can perform an MSI based installation using the pre-configured installer link. This link is found in Pulseway Webapp -> Configuration -> Organizations -> Select the ORG/site/group -> Select the group -> go to downloads -> Windows x64 -> Copy link. Then append this link in the below msiexec command. The below command when executed as command prompt with admin mode, it will install and register the pulseway agent to that specific group. You can use the below command in your tool to mass deploy. NOTE: If the group is deleted or modified in pulseway, then the link will not work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input. i was able to find the URL for the specific Organizaion that i want to auto enroll devices under. I was able to write a ps script for this install. Once i was able to write this i added it to a provisioning package for device provisioning. This script could also be used with something like autopilot for intune. 

#Download and Run MSI package for Automated install
$uri = "Agent download URL "

#Create Folder path 
New-Item -ItemType Directory -Path C:\Temp
Invoke-WebRequest -uri $uri -OutFile C:\Temp\windows_agent_x64.msi
msiexec /i C:\Temp\windows_agent_x64.msi /quiet /qn /norestart

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hey @Nick530

That's great I'm glad you were able to get it sorted. On another note, are you apart of our Discord community? We have a Automation/Scripting channel where a bunch of Pulseway users can share scripting knowledge and Automation best practices. You should definitley check it out! 

If you need any more assistance please let me know!. Thanks, 
Stefan