Windows 10 to 11 Upgrade Prevention or Notifications

JChiz4761

Ideally I would like to utilize Pulseway to prevent my users from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since there isn't an ideal way to do this (at least not that I've come across), I'd like to know if there is a way that I could setup a notification so that I am alerted if someone does this. Any suggestions appreciated. Right now I am doing manual spot-checks of the Systems under Configuration > Organizations. 

• Administrators

Hey @JChiz4761 

Thanks for reaching out. 

So you could try firstly try

1. Creating a Global Rule in Pulseway that says if Name or Description contains 21H2, don't install. 21H2 is used by Windows 11.

2. Setting registry entries to tell Windows 10 not to update the Feature version past 21H1.

This can also be done via GPO in a domain environment.

BUT - I don't think this stops end users from clicking upgrade if they get a prompt or choose to be curious themselves.  You can also send out communications to your customers explaining that they should not be pressing update to any Windows 11 prompts if they happen to see any.

Similarly you can also create a rule for 22H2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi @JChiz4761

Thanks for reaching out. As you've mentioned we don't currently have a way to stop the manual updates, However in Pulseway 9.3 we will be introducing Windows Update configuration, where you will be able to prevent end users for executing and configuring windows updates as well as the ability to be notified before downloading and installing updates. 

Pulseway 9.3 is going to be with us very soon.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Stefan