Unable to monitor CPU-temp

Hello forum,

Lately I encountered a machine that couldn't monitor CPU-temp. There were just no devices in the hardware list when I tried to set the notification. The machine in question is an HP ProLiant DL380 G4 and the OS is installed directly on the machine, not using Hyper-V or similar software that could mess up these kind of sensors.

Any ideas?

- Jaapyse

• Administrators

Hi Jaapyse,

I'm not sure why Pulseway isn't detecting any hardware sensors on the proliant server. We're monitoring a couple of proliant servers ourselves and the hardware is correctly identified. Does the HP Management portal detect the hardware sensors? Can you run the following app to see what hardware information is displayed (link).

-Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Paul,

The HP Management Homepage shows it correctly. In the attachment you can find the data from the program you send me.

- Jaapyse

Hardware measurement.jpg

• Administrators

That's a quite old machine (12 years old), it seems that the chipset is not recognized. Try looking with a SNMP browser to see if the sensors are exposed in the SNMP. Also try installing the WBEM providers from HP to see if that adds the sensor data to the SNMP community.