Im/export SNMP notifications

Hello,

At the moment I am working on setting up Pulseway for a lot of networks. I want to use SNMP to get a lot of data from the different devices in the network. Since we use a lot of the same devices I am already working on default files that I can use to configure the SNMP agents for NAS's, routers and other commonly used hardware. (Files that I only need to import and tweak to get the right values.) This is working properly.

Here is the problem though: after importing the SNMP agents, I still need to configure all the notifications manually, and that takes even more time then setting up the SNMP agent in the first place. I need to add several hundred SNMP-monitored devices spread out over tens of networks and we simply don't have the time to do this. Is there a workaround for this?

This is what I've tried:

• Importing an entire configuration file instead of just the SNMP agent file. This erased all settings instead of overlaying with the existing ones. To be clear an example: I had configured a router to be monitored by SNMP and added notifications. I then imported a file which had a NAS configured. Instead of what I would expect (the NAS settings would add up to the router settings) it erased the settings of the router and overwrote it with the NAS settings. Even though they can work perfectly fine side-by-side.

And frankly, that is where my ideas stopped. So, if there is a solution, I would really like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,

- Jaapyse

• Staff

Hi Jaapyse,

Try exporting the following registry keys from a configured system:

• HKLM\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\SNMPAgents
  • HKLM\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\SNMPAgentVariableKeysForDisplay
  • HKLM\Software\MMSOFT Design\PC Monitor\SNMPNotifications

And import it to the systems you wish to copy the SNMP configuration. Please note that this procedure will overwrite existing SNMP configuration on the destination systems.

Chris