I meant to install just the agent but it installed a complete Pulseway Manager app!

Jason Thayer

Hello Everyone!

I signed up for a trial of the enterprise version, but I had a few quick questions moving forward.

First of all, I'm pretty sure I signed up for the trial of the enterprise version so that I had access to the fullest of features as that is what I would want to sign up for, but I see several options within the interface about an enterprise server. Does this apply to me, or is it just a matter of having access to all of the extra features Pulseway enterprise.

About the agent install, it looks like the only thing I can find that as an agent, actually installs the complete Pulseway management interface on a system. In managing my clients, I would be installing this on several hundred user desktops, and therefore I would not want them to have any access to any of those settings when you run the possibly program. In my installing the wrong piece of software on the endpoints desktop? Is there a different installer for just the agent which places a monitoring program on the computer without the entire management interface?

About alerts, it seems like in order to monitor several items on the endpoint, you have to set up an alert for that item. However, for many of them I don't actually want to be emailed about the issue, but rather I just want an alert to show up in the management interface on the website. Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer me with these issues.

• Staff

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the Pulseway community. The "Use Enterprise Server" option on the windows agent is a setting that instructs the windows agent to connect to your Pulseway Enterprise Server rather than the public cloud servers.

There is only one agent and it comes with the agent configuration utility which has support for locking the configuration with a password to prevent unauthorized changes to the configuration (see page 84 of the user manual).

At this moment it's not possible to instruct Pulseway to only send email notifications for certain notification priorities however this is a planned feature and it will be introduced in a future release.

Chris