Phantom Storage Notification

clowgg

I am getting a Notification for low disk space from one server, where I have removed all configured Storage Notifications.

This is on a Windows Server (2012 R2)

I had two storage notifications set up.  One for C: drive and one for E: drive.  The E: drive one was set for notifying when storage dropped below 25%.  I wanted to change that to "less than 10GB" so made that config change.  However, I kept getting the Notification for "below 25%". 

I have now removed all Storage Notifications, and I'm still getting the "below 25%" notification.

Is there a further 'clean out' that I can do to stop this 'phantom' notification?

Cheers,

Geoff.

• Administrators

But no Group Policies for Pulseway configuration are defined, is that right?

Could you please restart the Pulseway service to see if this still happens. 

Let me know if the issue still persists. Thanks!

Marius

I need to know how this problem was resolved. Having same issue. I have a computer that gives the notification that the space on an external drive (E drive) I plugged in is below 20%. I have no notification set for that drive, only for the C drive which was set to notify at 15%. I've tried clearing all HDD notifications and restarting, no change. I still get the notification for the 20% on the E drive no matter what I do. Talk about a way to drive somebody crazy.

I have stopped getting the notifiations about the 25% storage, but I an getting this in the Application Event Log:

"Source: Pulseway; Event ID 240001: Notification NOT sent: The free space on the non-system disk drive E: on the computer 'XXXXX' in group 'YYYYY' is below 25% (1513.18 GB free of 11177.92 GB)"

Does that help pin this issue down?

• Administrators

Hi Geoff,

I think you have a group policy setting that fires a notification for non system drives if free space is below 25%.

Best,

Marius

Edited by Marius