Enterprise User Change Password

mguglielmo

• Staff

Hi,

The procedure is as follows:

1. Create a new account with a temp password
  2. Provide the user with the account details and server name
  3. Ask him to configure a windows agent with the connection details provided and click on the "Change Password" button

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• Staff

Hi,

When you click on the Change Password button, you will be prompted to select a password propagation period. During that period if agents are online, they will update the local password with the changed password.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

i don't understand how that helps the user change their own password?  i have all agents configured, so, if i want to add a new user for whatever reason, they have to come type their password on my machine when i create their account, i can't see any way for a user to change their own password, unless they do it from the agent, which doesn't make sense since the agents are already configured.  why can't they change it through the web portal or one of the many apps?

• Staff

Hi,

If a user changes the password using the Change Password dialog, a command will be sent to all other configured agents to update the stored password with the new password. So if you change the password from one agent, it will propagate to all other agents (if they are online during the password propagation period you get to select).

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

all agents are configured, and i set them all up and logged in with my account.  if i create a new user that i want to receive notifications, there is no way for them to change their password, except by typing it in on my keyboard.  This is the problem