PC will wake on command but sleep after a few min again...

Chris Burleigh

I am running a simple home server using Filezilla on an old Toshiba Laptop. PC monitor works great but I have  little issue. I can put it in a suspend state and I can also wake as well. Once woken I can connect to the server and such just fine. But after a min or two, the PC enters suspended state again. I have tried with the lid open, and closed and made sure pc does not require password on wake, and that closing the lid does nothing. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Try enabling diagnostic logging on PC Monitor (open PC Monitor Manager app -> Settings -> Diagnostics -> Enable Diagnostic Logging), suspend your computer, wait for a minute, wake your computer, wait for it to suspend again, wake the computer one more time and now copy and paste the contents of the trace.log file from PC Monitor's installation directory.

Also try checking the Application and System event logs to see if there are any relevant log entries that may help understand what's causing the computer to enter a suspended state for the second time.