How to kill a process?

Andor Admiraal

I really like PC Monitor, but I basically need it for one function: kill a process when it is creating havoc on my server.

On the first server I set up PC Monitor it works perfectly fine. I go to the list of processes, I click on one, and it allows me to kill it.

However, on the two subsequent servers I set up, I cannot click on the process; it won't bring up a popup menu.

I have gone back and forth through all the settings. I have even exported the settings of the 'working' system to the two other systems, to no avail. I cannot figure out for the life of me what the difference is in setup between the first server and the other two, why one allows me to kill processes but the other two won't.

All three PCs have my device paired properly.

Anyway any idea where I should look?

Thanks!

Andor

• Administrators

On the two subsequent server do you see the logoff, shut down, ... commands?

If you don't that means that the servers are read-only - use the PC Monitor Manager app installed on your computer - Devices button and check the access policy for your mobile device.

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your response!

But then I guess that would be a better way to word my question: how do I check the access policy for my mobile device? Under 'Devices' and I can only revoke the access to my device, but I cannot configure it. I could not find anything related on any of the other tabs either. I also logged in to the web control panel, also no way to configure my device, and needless to say, on my device itself I can also not set it. So I guess I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Tnx,

Andor

And as it goes... right after asking the question I find the answer :)

For those who find this forum post with the same problem: you can configure the access policy for all devices from the very first tab of the application on your server.

Account > Manage Devices

Not sure why I kept overlooking that button... but it works now! :)