Ticket remote commands

bmcniel

I was a longtime user of Spiceworks Help Desk for many years (before they did away with on-prem) and it had a specific feature that helped out a lot. They called it Tickets Anywhere. Basically when you received a ticket email, you could reply to it and put commands in the message body. Say for instance a ticket come in and I checked it and saw it was something "Joe" could do, in the body of the reply the very first thing would be #assign Joe . The ticket was assigned to Joe, and the user got a quick response showing we were on top of things. There were many commands you could do just by replying. #add 30m would add 30 minutes to the time spent working on the ticket. #close obviously closed the ticket. #reopen would reopen if it had been closed. #priority high changes priority, #status waiting changed ticket status, #accept and #assign to me would assign to the user detected as replying to the email. There were quite a few commands and I used them regularly, and so did the other techs. I don't know if Pulseway could be set up to act on commands like this but I for one would love to see them. The clients see quick responses and they're much happier.