HELP - Pulseway Tasks User Registry Update

Peyton Young

Hi Everyone!

We are looking to deploy a script to all of our laptops/desktops that will add a Trusted Location to both Excel and Access. It does this by changing Registry values on the users profile. Unfortunately, we are running into an issue though. When I test the script using PowerShell ISE, everything works perfectly. When I try deploying the script via Pulseway RMM Tasks, it will say the script deployment was "successful" but when I remote into the end user's computer, the Registry Editor won't show any changes being made to the Trusted Locations for either program.

After searching through the forums, I found someone who ran into a similar issue. The answer to that question was exactly what I found on the end user's where the registry values had been changed for the .DEFAULT user.

This leads us to my question: What is a workaround to this issue? Is there a change to the script that can be made or is this simply a limitation of Pulseway?

SCRIPT:

$trustedPath = "C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Security-Photos"

$excelPath = "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Excel\Security\Trusted Locations"

New-Item -Path $excelPath -Name "Location1" -Force | Out-Null

Set-ItemProperty -Path "$excelPath\Location1" -Name "Path" -Value $trustedPath

Set-ItemProperty -Path "$excelPath\Location1" -Name "AllowSubfolders" -Value 1

$accessPath = "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations"

New-Item -Path $accessPath -Name "Location1" -Force | Out-Null

Set-ItemProperty -Path "$accessPath\Location1" -Name "Path" -Value $trustedPath

Set-ItemProperty -Path "$accessPath\Location1" -Name "AllowSubfolders" -Value 1

• 3 weeks later...