Another approach to push config

JeffVandervoort

Marius, I know you're thinking it's been too long since I last bugged you about pushing PCM configs via Group Policy. Please accept my apologies, and let's fix that now<g>.

I've been thinking (always dangerous) that instead of ADM/ADMX, or home-brewed Group Policy Registry Preferences as I've proposed before, how about giving us a subfolder in %ProgramData% where we can drop XML exports. PCM will check the folder every 15 minutes and import them when it finds them, then delete them. Symantec Antivirus worked that way for years.

We'd also have to have a way to delete monitored Events, Rules, etc. using the magic folder. Maybe export an XML file of the setting, and edit it to include something that would tell PCM to delete that setting, sort of like using a minus sign in a .reg script.

That would be real easy to implement on our end with Startup Scripts, or Group Policy Files Preferences, or even Task Scheduler in workgroup systems. And I suspect it wouldn't be very difficult to implement on your end since you're all set up for XML imports.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease???