marciow1

Pulseway missing Windows updates

One of the main reasons I subscribed to Pulseway is to make my life easier with Windows updates.  However, this week, I noticed that Pulseway misses some important updates, and puts some updates that Windows Updates consider Important as Optional.      

This last patch Tuesday updates for example: 

On a Windows 2008 R2 Standard, my iOS app shows KB3065979 and KB3057154 as optional while Windows Update shows them as Important.    

On a Windows 2012 R2 Standard, my iOS app shows KB3061468, KB30221910 as optional while Windows Update shows as Important and completely missed 12 important security updates.   On another Windows 2012 R2 Standard, it didn't miss the security updates.   

The one that I said missed 12 important security updates, no longer shows that, so that's good.   The only issue then is the updates that Pulseway shows as Optional while Windows Updates shows as Important.    Is it a bug or is there a reason for the different categorization? 

In some cases when we enumerate all the available Windows updates, for some updates the priority property is undefined so mark the update as optional.