Receiving email alerts overnight - suggestions for phone app?

PeterW2IRT

Hi all,

I've been a satisfied Pulseway user for a while but I have a question that's probably more related to my phone platform (Android 5.x) than Pulseway itself. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any good ideas from folks on the Google forums, so I'm hoping a sysadmin or two here might have some usable suggestions.

The problem is pretty simple: I need to receive Pulseway email alerts during the overnight hours when the phone is in Quiet Mode. I don't want any other alerts, from any other source, to come through--no SMS messages, general email alerts, Facebook/Twitter blips, IMs, etc--just Pulseway's email alerts. Back when I had a BlackBerry that was simple to do, since with BES you can specify 24 hour alerts for one account or one keyword. Not so under either iOS or Android, and I'm drawing a blank at how to make this work.

There used to be a great app called Gmail Label Notifier, but that's been removed from the Google Play Store. It did allow an override of silent hours for certain gmail accounts/labels, which was ideal.

So how do sysadmins today accomplish 24 hour monitor alerting in a post-BlackBerry world?

Thanks in advance.