PC Monitor for Linux cannot wake other machines on the LAN.

FluidDruid

Hi

I think there's a bug in PC monitor for Linux which means that it cannot wake other machines up using Wake On Lan. Any requests it processes fail with an error in pcmonitor.log:

03/11/2011 12:56:20.000424 - ERROR - Invalid mac received.

Do you know if it's possible to get this working?

A bit more info about my setup and testing:

I have three computers on my network, two Windows 7 machines and an Ubuntu 11.10 headless server, all running the latest versions of your pc monitor software for their respective platforms. They are directly connected to a modem/router via gigabit Ethernet. The router also has wireless capability.

I also have an Android phone running your app, which I'm trying to use to wake one of my Windows machines.

I do not have a port forwarded on my router for wake over internet, so when I send a WOL request from the app, I'm relying on an instance of PC monitor within my LAN to generate the magic packet to wake the Windows machine.

If my Android phone is not on the Wireless LAN and both Windows machines are off, WOL requests from the Android app fail to start the PC (the Linux box hits the above error).

If my Android phone is not on the Wireless LAN and one Windows machine is on, WOL requests from the Android app succeed, as the Windows version of PC Monitor sends the magic packet.

If my Android phone is on the Wireless LAN, WOL requests succeed, as the app sends the magic packet itself.

I hope the above is clear and helpful. Please let me know if you need any more info.