Req: Screens - All monitors [PCM Service]

AltF4

Hey there. 

I think it would be useful for the "Screen" subscriber feature to display all monitors, and not just the Primary Display. As it stands right now, it feels half baked.

In fact, the best would be to simply have the whole virtual desktop (all monitors) be displayed in the 1 screenshot.

Code (C#) to do such is located here - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/546006/Screen-Capture-on-Multiple-Monitors

See his function: "CaptureScreentoClipboard"

It creates a Device Context (DC) for the entire virtual screen, converts it to a bitmap, and then simply BitBlts it.

Shouldn't be complicated I hope.

I would also be interested in an option (maybe even Server-side on the Service) to have the screenshot auto update (push out to all clients) every [x] number of seconds specified. That would be useful too so you dont have to been going back and forth to view an updated version of the screen (like on the iOS PCM app)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again. I am sorry to post another reply to my own thread here, but I just wanted to get some peoples feedback because I feel that this is a very important feature.

I use the "Screens" subscriber feature almost daily and I would love for its functionality to be improved in these 2 simple ways.

Maybe I could see if other subscribers would find this useful, and if someone from PCM (Like Marius) could also comment on the feasability of implmentation.

Basically what I am asking here is the following:

1. Show both screens (not just the primary one) [server change]

Perhaps the algorithm here is broken, because it looks like it "searches" for screens, and ALWAYS only "finds" the Primary display, not the secondary. ie "1 Active Monitor found"

This change would be on the Server Agent

2. Allow auto-refreshing on a time interval [Clients change]

This might be just as easy as the first, except the fact that all the clients would need to change. I primarily use my iOS client, and even if we got a "Refresh" button it would make me happy. But to have to go back and forth between menus to get a screen refresh is just a bit overkill. Ideally I would love to have an option to Auto refresh / download the screen every [x] seconds when I am in the "Screen viewer" iOS screen.

Would any other subscribers find these tweaks useful at all?

Anyway, thanks so much, and thanks for providing such a great product to us.

PS, *On a separate and completely unrelated note*

I do wish we could individualize the PCM subscriber experience with not requring EVERY computer on a given account be Subscriber or not. My options are either pay the extra $24 a year to have the 2 computers that I don't need to have as Subscriber, be subscribers, or just create a separate account and log out back and forth each time. Marius, if you allow us to have this addition to customize which computers this gets applied to, then I promise to always be a subscriber :-)

• Administrators

We have the multi-monitor support request on our to do list and we will add support for this on a future release.

The iOS app has a button at the top allowing you to refresh or send the screen by email.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi,

It's present on our todo list but it's not to the top list based on priorities. We are definitely going to implement this, however it's not a high priority feature.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi,

We aim to implement both at the same time, yes, however this feature is a low priority one and it might not make it in the exact same release.

Regards,

Chris

Pulseway Support

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

Hi Andre,

We aim to implement both at the same time, yes, however this feature is a low priority one and it might not make it in the exact same release.

We support this option for MAC devices (multiple screen view), but auto refresh is still not implemented. Unfortunately this is still not implemented for Windows systems. From your mobile device you can see only one screen.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...