Wrong Exchange Server build

robbinschut

I was listing the build numbers of all the Exchange servers with help of the Installed Applications feature, and noticed that the build number is not correct.

It only shows the build number of the exchange server without any update rollups. According to this table: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/240.exchange-server-and-update-rollups-build-numbers.aspx the build number should change whenever a update rollup is installed.

Is there a way to get the correct current build number of the Exchange server?

Hi Paul,

I've just taken a look at the appwiz.cpl but the build number also is'nt correct there. If i take a look under the installed updates I can see that the rollups are installed (1 till 7 for Exchange 2010 sp2) so the build number should be: 14.2.375.0

Is there a way to fix this and where is the current displayed build number in the PC Monitor Exchange Feature based on?

I found this powershell script the returns the right version number: script

• Administrators

I am guessing that PC Monitor gathers it's data from the same place "Programs and Features" so if the build number is wrong over there will end up wrong on PC Monitor too.

I thought also but if I change the value "DisplayVersion" on the regkey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Exchange v14"  the version number is changed in "Programs and Features", in the PC Monitor App it stays the same, and in the PC Monitor Database on the table "ComputerStatistics" it is changed.