Stopped Service is not reported

tsauter102

Hello,

I have two Windows 2008 R2 machines. Which the BackupExec Remote Agent installed.

On both of these machines is the PcMonitor Agent installed (Version v4.0, 4989).

I try to monitor the service (with System|Services) but I get no notification if the service is stopped.

The service name is "Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers" (BackupExecAgentAccelerator).

This looks like a bug for me. Other service monitoring is working.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Thorsten

• Administrators

Hello Thorsten,

Just a few assurance checks:

• The service you want to monitor is checked in the System -> Services tab.

post-9-0-65692000-1378591505_thumb.png

• The "Send a notification when a monitored service has stopped or has not started for more than x minutes" setting is checked and has a positive value in the Notifications -> Performance tab.

post-9-0-53562200-1378591526_thumb.png

• The computer is not in "Maintenance Mode" when you are trying to see if you get a notification.

post-9-0-28537400-1378591536_thumb.png

• Notifications are enabled in your "Account Details" page.

post-9-0-01740600-1378591547_thumb.png

• You are not stopping the service using any of the PC Monitor's clients (web app, mobile clients, windows 8 client).

post-9-0-02405200-1378591559_thumb.png

• The service is actually changing it's state to "Stopped".

post-9-0-97318300-1378591569_thumb.png

If you still believe that this is still a bug and you didn't answer to any of the previous affirmations with a "no" activate "Diagnostic Logging" from PC Monitor Manager -> Settings -> Diagnostics.

post-9-0-16548500-1378591587_thumb.png

This will force PC Monitor to create a diagnostic report for any internal functions that get executed and log them into a file called "trace.log" that can be found in the installation directory of PC Monitor (Usually C:\Program Files\PC Monitor or C:\Program Files(x86)\PC Monitor).

post-9-0-40476200-1378591600_thumb.png

While diagnostic logging is enabled try stopping the service you have monitored and wait two-three minutes. After that you may disable "Diagnostic Logging" in order to restore proper service performance. Save that file as you will need it on your bug report.

Export your PC Monitor configuration by opening PC Monitor Manager and clicking on "Export Settings" link in the lower side of the application. Do not check any of the optional export parameters as the support team will not require them and click on "Export" button to create a .pcmcfg file.

post-9-0-02968200-1378591619_thumb.png

Send an email to support (at) mobilepcmonitor (dot) com with the trace.log file and your exported settings file (.pcmcfg file) including a small description of the problem and link to this topic for reference.

Good Luck,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

thank you for your answer.

The service is checked in the PcMonitor GUI and the host is not in maintenance mode. I receive out of memory warnings from the machine frequently. Also, I have not manually disabled the service through the PcMonitor infrastructure.

Yesterday, I have unchecked, safed and checked again the service. And I have restarted the service through the Windows services MMC. So, everything should be fine now.

Next time, the service stopps, I should receive a message. If not, I try to enable the debugging.

Thank you.

Regards