Unable to start servoce

CFitz89

Hi Having a bit of an issue starting the service

This had been installed and working correctly but I think some windows updates were run on the server and I am unable to start the service now

Keep getting the error "Unable to start service" when I open the PC monitor manager and try to start the service.

Any help much appreciated

• Administrators

Check windows Event Log (eventvwr in Start->Run) and expand Windows Logs then open Application log. Check to see if there are any errors that are related to PC Monitor. If you find nothing open System log and see if it's in there.

Good Luck,

Paul.

Hi,

Found the issue.

I was trying to start the service through the PC monitor Manager console however when I actually tried to start the services through services management console. I seen that PC monitor had been disable. I just set it to automatic and was then able to start the service.

Thanks for the help.

Actually having a similar issue on a different server now.

Getting a notification to say server is offline but I can login to the server through Remote Desktop 

Open PC monitor and it says service is running

Have restarted the service and cleared out the notifications and I get the alert then again to say that it is offline.

• Administrators

In this case please enable Diagnostic logging in the Manager Settings, make sure the PC Monitor service is started and after about 2-3 minutes send us (support at pulseway.com) the trace.log file from the PC Monitor installation folder.

• Administrators

Hello CFitz89,

Please confirm that Diagnostic Logging is enabled in PC Monitor. Then look in PC Monitor's installation folder. If there is no trace.log file in that directory, try restarting the PC Monitor Service (net stop "PC Monitor" ; net start "PC Monitor").

Hope this helps you get the diagnostic logging working.

Edited by Paul