Why can i start the original task program?

ToddeSwe

Hi

Hard to explaine but i'll try:

I want to start the original monitoring software where i can see all my computers.

But since i use Windows 8 i can just start the metro app but not the one for Windows.

Is not Windows 8 supported?

I don't like to have it running metro style. :)

ToddeSwe

• Administrators

You mean you can run PC Monitor (The metro app) but you can't run PC Monitor Manager (Windows service configurator)? Are you receiving any errors? Also you might be reffering to PC Monitor Dashboard (The windows dashboard app that gives an insight about current status of the computers and notifications).

Hi

I can't use the dashboard since i don't have a paied account just a free one.

And i can start the agent. but the software that lets me see all my connected computers does not start. I think it's called C:\Program Files\PC Monitor\pcmontask.exe Right?

When i try to start it nothing happens...

Am i lost or something? :)

• Administrators

Hello Todde,

pcmontask.exe is something related to some internal functionality of PC Monitor. You don't need to run it manually. These clients let you see your connected computers:

• Mobile Clients on smartphones
  • Windows 8 app (PC Monitor from store)
  • PC Monitor Dashboard
  • PC Monitor Web App (at: https://my.pulseway.com)

Hello Todde,

pcmontask.exe is something related to some internal functionality of PC Monitor. You don't need to run it manually. These clients let you see your connected computers:

• Mobile Clients on smartphones
  • Windows 8 app (PC Monitor from store)
  • PC Monitor Dashboard
  • PC Monitor Web App (at: https://my.pulseway.com)

Dashboard does not work unless it has a valid subscription. (See picture) And the same with the Web App.

The only one that's working is the Windows 8 metro app.

post-507-0-99108000-1376919739_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

In that case you need to use the mobile applications (the ones you run on your smartphones to see your computers) or you could always buy a subscription.