Allow Phone Apps to Proactively Monitor

tdemeza

I would like to see all of the phone apps be able to proactively monitor certain web sites etc to make sure they are up. We had a situation last night where our firewall went down and the PC Monitor software on my phone never went nuts. No noise or anything. So I did not know for 3 hours that everything on my side was inaccessible. Maybe there is something in the software that I have configured incorrectly, but I need to get this figured out ASAP. Thank you!

• Administrators

You can set the pc monitor agent on a computer to monitor port 80 for several addresses like www.yourdomain.com - then you will be alerted when the port is closed.

As the mobile apps are send to the background when not active it's impossible to "proactively monitor" using them. The PC Monitor on the PC will do that and alert you using push notifications (and/or emails) on your mobile.

Thank you for your respose. And maybe you answered a question I was thinking about. If my firewall goes down... And I am using your hosted services, am I correct in saying that I would not know anyting is down because the agents cannot communicate through the firewall to your hosting service, and therefore.... I would not be notified on my Phone?

If that is the case, I would like to suggest a way that your hosting service starts making a fuss to my phone that the clients are not checking in. I just need to find a way to avoid this situation from happening again in the future. Or at least know about it as soon as possible so it can be remedied.

Thanks again!

• Administrators

You are welcome.

In this case you can set a notification when the computer is offline (check the notifications tab in PC Monitor). Once set you will get a notification when the computer has not contacted our servers for more than 15 minutes.