Problem logging onto My computers web page

jamespowles

Hi

I have a four computers on my account. I tried to log onto the PC Monitor website this morning, where I got this error message "access to this service is limited to active subscribers only". The client software is working (PC Monitor Manager) OK and I am receiving notifications on my phone. PC Monitor Dashboard has also stopped working. I do know my subscription has run out but I understand you can have up to 5 computers free for personal use.

James

My "mobile" is a Windows PC... is there any way to install the "free mobile app" onto windows & do what your website/flash login/data can provide through the browser login?

I think the marketing is very confusing about this considering I got this "free app" from the Microsoft Windows 8 Store???

Please clarify, thanks...

Can I get a "similar ability" Windows 8 type "app" to work with up to 5 computers on other Windows OS for free too? Server 2003, Vista, W7Pro? (Since the browser Flash log-in requires a paid subscription, I would need the free app to work on these other OS too.)

Thanks.

Once the the trial subscription has ended is there still a way to remove and/or add another computer if I'm under the 5 computer limit? Will the manage computers program still work to make those modifications, or is there another way?

Thanks...

• 1 month later...

So if those two places are being restricted for the free users, then I have a problem. For some reason the app keeps telling me I have 6 computers registered, but I only have 5. Since it thinks I have 6 computers, I don't receive any notifications. When I look at the machines in my list, there are only 5, but it still says I have 6 registered. Since I only see 5 in my list, and I can't access either the webpage or the dashboard, how am I supposed to fix this so the app will see that I only have 5 machines. I'm using the Android app, and up until I noticed this issue a few days ago, it's been working great.

When I found this app a couple years ago, I immediately installed it and tested it at home. After falling in love with it, I immediately recommended it to my boss, and we bought it with a 25 machine license so we could put it on our important servers. We both literally use it every single day. I also recommended it to a former IT colleague, and he also immediately installed it, and within a week was actually able to catch a former employee who had created a back door into their systems before being let go, and was logging in. PC Monitor sent notifications that the user had logged in, and he was able to catch the person immediatlely.

I would like to keep it going at home, so if there is any way to fix the issue I described above without having to purchase a license, please let me know. I just don't have a need at home for more than the free version can do, or I would purchase a license.

Thank you.

Malachi

• Administrators

Hi Malachi,

Please use the PC Monitor Manager app installed on your computer and press the "Manage Computers" button to see all the registered computers.

The mobile app will not list more computers than the current limit of 5, that's why you don't see the extra one.

Hope this helps.

Marius

• 4 weeks later...

Please use the PC Monitor Manager app installed on your computer and press the "Manage Computers" button to see all the registered computers.

The mobile app will not list more computers than the current limit of 5, that's why you don't see the extra one.

What/Where is the PC Monitor Manager app?

I've got the PC Monitor dashboard on my Desktop but I can't see a Manage Computers button anywhere!

*********** Sorry ************

I see it now. I had to go to the PC monitor application on one of my monitored servers and remove the server I no longer wanted from there. You obviously can't remove the server you are on from the group while your on it and using the PC monitor application. I haven't got the PC monitor application on my desktop, just the PC Monitor Dashboard, because I don't want to monitor my desktop!

Anyway sorted now, Great App, Love It and love the Irish connection!!!

• Administrators

Also you can install PC Monitor on your desktop and use it to manage your account and computers without using up any of your computer licenses. Just install it, go to services.msc and set it's startup type to disabled.