Dashboard display options...?

gslonline

Hi - I think the Dashboard is a really important tool for alerting and giving visual assurance, but it's a bit limited when you have a number of monitored systems or groups as the dashboard quickly ends up with multiple screens, meaning some machines aren't visible? I can't quite imagine how this would work well with 50 or more monitored machines as so much information would not be visible?

If you've got a single machine in a group/category...it takes up an entire row on the dashboard, with a huge amount of wasted space to the right of the machine icon...it would be great if the dashboard could be more like "tiles" than "rows", with monitored systems shown as a 1x1 tile or a 2x2 tile or 1x3 etc. I think the tiles should have headers/titles and a border/background, perhaps with an option to choose the colours?

Another option would be to allow me to choose my own icon display sort order, or even manually choose the locations for the icons?

Or how about an option to at least rotate through the screens on a timed basis?

Also, any chance we can choose what notifications are in the ticker bar...and what notifications apply to different machines? For example, I want to be alerted when a monitored server is offline, but I'm not bothered about a laptop?

It would also be nice if there could choose a visual difference between servers and desktops/laptops...perhaps something as simple as a square icon for servers, although obviously something more sophisticated would be even better!

I hope that's useful feedback...really love the product, so thanks for the hard work :)

• Administrators

Thank you for your suggestions, very useful. We'll consider them for future releases.

Some notes:

1. You can disable the groups in Settings - Runtime tab - Show Computer Groups

2. "Or how about an option to at least rotate through the screens on a timed basis?" - this is already implemented

3. You can include / exclude groups of computers that can be displayed on Dashboard - check the Settings - Group Filtering

Thanks again.

Marius

• Administrators
It would also be nice if there could choose a visual difference between servers and desktops/laptops...perhaps something as simple as a square icon for servers, although obviously something more sophisticated would be even better!

This can be tricky. How can you differentiate from a server machine and a desktop computer? I have about 10 servers made with normal desktop components (Small Company, low cost solutions :wacko: ). From my experience I use tags on most names I use.

PC for desktop computers

NB for note(net?)books

Server for servers

NAS for ... well NAS devices

Cloud for cloud instances

VPS for ... you got it.

This way I can clearly tell if it's something important or not. Not sure if it will work for a lot of computer but this how I work.

• 6 months later...

I am new to PC Monitor, Love it.

I would also like to see a difference between icons for Servers, Workstations (PC's) and Laptops.

This would help out a lot.

Also being able to add a group to a group.  Example it I have a customer as a group XYZ Company, and within that group be abel to have a server and workstation group.

• 1 month later...

I am new to PC Monitor, Love it.

I would also like to see a difference between icons for Servers, Workstations (PC's) and Laptops.

This would help out a lot.

Also being able to add a group to a group.  Example it I have a customer as a group XYZ Company, and within that group be abel to have a server and workstation group.

Agreed this is something that is really inhibiting for us. We need the ability to segregate under each group between servers and workstations. A subgroup would be incredibly helpful. 

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to bring this thread back to life.

In Pulseway if we could give a device a tag, (servers could be tagged server, laptops tagged laptop and workstations or PC's tagged workstations or pc's), then Pulseway could read this tag and display the corresponding icon.

I would make things a little easier to differentiate between the devices. Now I have to have a separate groups for the same Customer (Customer - Servers and Customer - Workstations). One group per customer would make it easier the flip through the app.