Raise free usage from 3 to 4 or 5?

dw1562

G'Day,

I'm really loving your product and so far only have it installed on 2 of my machines. Ideally I would like to put it on all of my main machines here at home which is 4 machines or 5 if I include another laptop. I'm wondering if there is any chance you might consider raising the free usage threshold from 3 to 4 or maybe 5 machines? These days almost all homes with computers have one for each person so that is most likely going to be 4. Raising free usage to 4 or 5 would still not really allow it to be used for free in a commercial environment (which I firmly believe should be paid for) but would allow greater home usage. From this may come more word of mouth type "advertising" that could lead to more paid licences being sold.

Just a thought .......

David.

• Administrators

Hi David,

We will most likely leave the start limit to 3.

However we plan to add a referral system where if someone buys a subscription based on your recommendation your account limit will increase with 1 or 2 PC's.

Marius

Fair enough, that sounds reasonable. I'm actually presenting about the tools that Managed Service Providers use at the upcoming SMBiT Professionals Sydney Twilight Training Meeting on October 21st and I plan on mentioning PC Monitor. Whilst the company I work for uses Kaseya I think the simplicity and cost model of PC Monitor will suit many of our members moreso than Kaseya so you may well get some more subscriptions after my presentation.

• Administrators

We've added another field on the form used to pay for a subscription on our web page called "Referral Username".

For each new subscription of 10 or 25 we will add an extra computer to the referral account with 2 computers added for a 50 or 100 subscription.

This change will be reflected once the subscription is active and it will be permanent.