How to use VMware monitoring

Guest Mike

I just purchased a subscription, and I'm trying to figure out how to use the VMware monitoring feature. Where does PCMonitor run to monitor the vm hosts? I opened up PC Monitor Manager from a standard server and checked the checkbox for Monitor and Manage VMware. I then put in the server ip, username, and password. It passed the "test connect" check, but I do not see anything from VMware showing up in PCMonitor.

Should mention that I've tried using PC Monitor from a Windows 8 PC and from Windows phone 7. I just read that monitoring was only available from an iPhone. Don't know if that has been resolved yet.

• Administrators

Check the Display Features to make sure VMware is enabled as well as pressing "Apply" so the new configuration will take effect.

Windows Phone supports all the server modules including VMware. We are working to build all the server modules into the Windows 8 app - it's a new app so it will take about a month or so until all the modules are supported.

More details about the VMware module in our User Manual available on the Downloads section of our web site. Here's the link: http://www.pulseway.com/manual

All is working now. Did not realize that there was a modules section on the PC Monitor software. I just assumed that the servers would show up under computers (default). I have a related question though, how does vmware affect licensing? I connected via vcenter, but I have two hosts and eight VMs.