Windows Update Does not work

helpdesk@ccp421.info

I Just installed on three computers one on a vista fresh oem install and two on windows xp.

Windows Service is running and I do have updated pending.

Have re installed this software many times on all three computers.

On the web inter face, when i click on windows updates it will only say loading and stay there untill it times out and auto logs me out.

On my nexus 7 it says "could not get file content. Invalid response received from server."

Checked the logs and all the computers do get the request for the updated.

Every thing els seems to be working fine but this, and this is the only part of the app I need working.

If this does work I want to buy for about 20-30 computers.

What am I doing wrong, any know.

• Administrators

Hello,

If you would run the windows update process from the machine will it work? I mean it can be because something is wrong with the specific machine, I am using Windows Update feature on Mobile PC Monitor for a long time now and I never had any problems like this.

Please enable Diagnostic Logging from PC Monitor Manager -> Settings tab -> Diagnostics subtab. This will logging to a trace.log file in your PC Monitor installation folder. After you enabled the diagnosting logging feature try to replicate the problem by running a Windows Update request from your phone or web app.

If you notice any errors in the log please copy and paste them here in a post.

Note: Please do not post any personal data that may be included into the diagnostic logging.

Yes windows update works on all pc, all only have about 20 or 30 updates to check only ran one update on all and they all installed

here is the print out you requested from one of the xp

9/26/2012, 08:13:30.234: [service] System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'PCMonitorTypes, Version=3.1.4646.35395, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'PCMonitorTypes, Version=3.1.4646.35395, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********'

at . ()

at .â€()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

9/26/2012, 08:13:35.656: [service] Received Request Get Windows updates status from device Id: '**********'

9/26/2012, 08:13:35.656: [service] System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'PCMonitorTypes, Version=3.1.4646.35395, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'PCMonitorTypes, Version=3.1.4646.35395, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********

at .​(Request )

at .(Request )

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

9/26/2012, 08:13:45.234: [service] System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'PCMonitorTypes, Version=3.1.4646.35395, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

File name: 'PCMonitorTypes, Version=3.1.4646.35395, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=**********

at . ()

at .â€()

This just keps looping over and over after i try a update from the web or tablet.

the same '0x80131040' shows up on win 7 also