No registered computers? App doesn't look like quickguide

mc68ec040

Hi,I just really can't get this to work.

The iPhone just says "No registered computers". The application on the Mac has nowhere near all the tabs shown in the Quickstart guide. This is the status:

• I've followed the quickguide.
  • The account is valid on both the iPhone and the Mac, I have triple-checked account name and password.
  • It just says "no registered computers" both on the iPhone and the web.
  • Test notifications do work.

The documentation mentions there should be a "Manage registered computers" tab under Account. I don't have that, and never have. Using latest version for Mac, 1.3 at the moment.

Please help.

• Administrators

The Mac version is constantly being updated to match all features the Windows agent has, that's why at the moment you don't see everything like the Quick Start guide.

Edited by Paul

• Staff

Hi,

What's you Mac OS version? Can you please try to uninstall it first then try to run it again.

If you still can't see computers list, close PCMonitor agent, open Console, clear it, then open again PCMonitor agent. Copy and send Console output to support@pulseway.com.

Many thanks!

Mark

Hi folks,

• The message is "The account is valid" (http://pixelengine.se/tinygrab/pcmonitor-valid.tiff)
  • Windows version works fine, showed up directly the iPhone app.
  • Running Mac OS X 10.6.8 on the machine I want to monitor
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled, it had no effect

@Mark: Sorry I can't see any way to stop PC Monitor for Mac. On the Windows version I can click 'Start Maintenance' but there is no similar thing on the Mac.

Console output right after starting PC Monitor:

2012-09-19 19.20.50 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[191] ([0x0-0xd00d].com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitor[240]) Exited: Terminated

2012-09-19 19.21.00 PCMonitor[1573] Helper JobData: {

Label = "com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper";

LastExitStatus = 0;

LimitLoadToSessionType = System;

MachServices =     {

"com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper.mach" = 0;

};

OnDemand = 0;

PID = 69;

ProgramArguments =     (

"/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper"

);

TimeOut = 30;

}

2012-09-19 19.21.00 PCMonitor[1573] Helper installed version: 12091301

2012-09-19 19.21.00 PCMonitor[1573] App bundle URL: file://localhost/Applications/PC%20Monitor.app/

2012-09-19 19.21.00 PCMonitor[1573] Current Helper URL: file://localhost/Applications/PC%20Monitor.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper

2012-09-19 19.21.00 PCMonitor[1573] Current helper version: 12091301

2012-09-19 19.21.25 com.apple.usbmuxd[43] _SendAttachNotification (thread 0xa07d0540): sending attach for device 68:a8:6d:6b:b1:2a@fe80::6aa8:6dff:fe6b:b12a._apple-mobdev._tcp.local.: _GetAddrInfoReplyReceivedCallback matched.

2012-09-19 19.21.25 usbmuxd[43] _AMDeviceConnectByAddressAndPort (thread 0xb0081000): IPv4

• Administrators

On windows version you can stop Mobile PC Monitor service by running this command in run:

net stop "PC Monitor"

also in linux you can Kill the process by going into activity monitor and forcing PCMonitorHelper to close.

On windows version you can stop Mobile PC Monitor service by running this command in run:

also in linux you can Kill the process by going into activity monitor and forcing PCMonitorHelper to close.

Yeah I used Activity manager in Mac OS to stop the process and start it again. See results above

• Staff

Hi,

Can you please, close PCMonitor (Hide option from context menu) then open Terminal and type:

sudo launchctl remove com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper

Then open Console, clear it and open again PCMonitor agent. Copy and send Console output to support@pulseway.com. (please do not post console output here - may contain sensitive data)

Mark

• Staff

Hi,

PCMonitorHelper it's a LaunchDaemon. Even if you will kill it from Activity Monitor, process respawns. LaunchDaemon's are controlled by launchd. The correct way to load/unload is via launchctl.

Mark

Hi,

Can you please, close PCMonitor (Hide option from context menu) then open Terminal and type:

Then open Console, clear it and open again PCMonitor agent. Copy and send Console output to support@pulseway.com. (please do not post console output here - may contain sensitive data)

Mark

It's been done.

• Staff

Hi,

I sent you an email with more details. Basically your libxml2 is crashing:

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 libxml2.2.dylib 0x90b1d3d3 xmlBufferCreate + 95

1 libxml2.2.dylib 0x90b2d0e9 xmlAllocOutputBuffer + 110

2 libxml2.2.dylib 0x90bdbc82 xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc + 235

3 libxml2.2.dylib 0x90bdbe02 xmlDocDumpFormatMemory + 46

Best regards,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue on 3.1.3

Mac mini running 10.6.8

PC monitor app runs and validates but doesn't display on iphone.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and the app had to be force quit a few times to even start and once it did still no change.

Any suggestions please?

*update* the finder bar at the top of the screen where the icons, date & Time , wifi are the pc monitor icon now doesnt respond

Edited by Jonny Rees-Williams

• Staff

Hi,

Mark

Here's the console logs after following the instructions above:

11/10/2012 21:29:35 PCMonitor[298] YAJL JSON framework found

11/10/2012 21:29:35 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper[301] PCMonitorHelper launched (uid: 0, euid: 0, pid: 301)

11/10/2012 21:29:35 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper[301] PCMonitor 1.3 is starting...

11/10/2012 21:29:36 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper[301] Configuration loaded for account (null)

After relaunch the app seems to forget my login details too.

• Staff

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your Console output. PCMonitor is starting with empty account configuration. Will be interesting to see Console output when you try to use your credentials. For this:

1. close PCMonitor (Hide option from context menu)

2. open Terminal and type:

3. open Console and clear it

4. open PCMonitor agent.

5. enter your account details and then press Apply button.

6. copy and send Console output (check as well if any PCMonitor .crash file under Diagnosis and Usage Information) to support@pulseway.com. (please do not post console output here - may contain sensitive data)

Mark