On Mountain Lion I start the App and nothing happens.

Gary Caldwell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have this problem too.

Details:

1. opened the disk image containing the application
  2. copied the application to the Applications folder
  3. ejected the disk image
  4. opened the application
  5. prompted for admin authentication to install helper
  6. entered information and pressed OK
  7. nothing happens. Activity Monitor shows that there is a process called com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper running, but there is nothing visible.

System info:

OS X 10.8.2, late 2008 MBP

• Staff

Hi,

Can you, please, try this:

1. close PCMonitor (Hide option from context menu)
2. open Terminal and type:
sudo launchctl remove com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper
3. open Console and clear it
4. open PCMonitor agent. 
6. copy and send Console output (check as well if any PCMonitor .crash file under Diagnosis and Usage Information) to support@pulseway.com. (please do not post console output here - may contain sensitive data)

Thanks!

Mark

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

Since I've updated to 4.0, it simply does nothing on my Mac (Mountain Lion). Can I downgrade back to the previous version which worked?

Hi,

Can you please, check Console for any crash? Will be useful to follow the steps mentioned in sticky post and sent output to us.

Thanks!

Mark

• Staff

Hi,

..."scCreateSystemService returned MACH_PORT_NULL, called from SetupCoreApplicationServicesCommunicationPort, so using client-side NULL calls."...

It looks like there is something wrong with your LaunchServices database. Try to rebuild it.

Regards,
Mark

• Staff

Hi,

Open Terminal and try this:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Regards,

Mark

Done that, no difference.  I had done that previously as well, but not after the previous suggestion.  I haven't restarted my Mac yet, but I suspect that would not make a difference?

I did restart it after I did the initial suggestion, I haven't since I uninstalled/reinstalled the service.

• Staff

Ok, I am also seeing this problem.

Tried removing everything and starting fresh but PC Monitor Helper continually crashes. Have a stack of crash dumps if you think they would be of interest.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you, please:

1. close PCMonitor (Hide option from context menu)

2. open Terminal and type:

sudo launchctl remove com.mobilepcmonitor.PCMonitorHelper

3. open Console and clear it

4. open PCMonitor agent.

6. copy and send Console output (check as well if any PCMonitor .crash file under Diagnosis and Usage Information) to support@pulseway.com.

Regards,

Mark

I was just preparing all this information and it seemed as though PC Monitor hadn't truly quit, with all the crashing etc still happening.

However, I went back to Activity Monitor and made sure it was gone, restarted the program again to capture the diagnostic information, and amazingly, it has finally found my computer again.  I don't know how long for, do you still want me to send you any Console output?