Global Commands / Terminal

studiouk

Hi,

We are provide IT support to small to medium size customers. Your system has helped us provide quicker support to our customer base.

On a fri night we run maintnenace on our customers computers whilst they are shut, i.e Running Disk Defrag, Remove Temp Files, Run Windows Updates etc. Run Spybot Search and Destroy.

Would it be possible to have an option to push these commands to all computers, not to group, but to every PC in our subscription.

We have around 100+ groups of customers and would take ages to go to each group and run these tasks.

It would be good if we could have access to a global TERMINAL, then we could run DEFRAG C:\ etc. Is it easy for add this option to be pushed to all computers?

Any thoughts guys? This would be the icing on the cake.

Phil

Studio UK

• Administrators

This is an interesting one - we will consider adding it in a future release as we are working now on group policies and overall policy and it might fit in nicely.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent idea.

Here is a professional scenario.

Many companies have to keep IT staff for night shifts just for running the nightly updates, maintenance and software removal / installation tools.

By having the ability to

• Uninstall existing software
  • Running Defragmentation, Cleaning of Temp Files, Running certain tasks that are easy to perform and part of the Stock Windows Experience.

I believe the software has great potential and with team work from the community members (forum members) as well as the support team - this application could grow into a must needed application for all IT professionals.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Marius

Any chance of seeing this is the next update?

Being able to push a command to all pcs in terminal for defrag C: etc or run spybot via terminal would be a major new feature that your customers would love

Maintenance from my phone on a fri night would finish the missing piece that we need for It support.

I hope it is easy to insert this feature as your already have it in place now, we just need a global option to send to all computers in our account etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Phil

• Administrators

It will not be in the next release as this is already in the QA stage but it will be in a future release for sure. You will be able to enter a command and select the groups it applies to then execute it.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...