Remote Control / RDP / VNC

I.P.

happy new year paul :)

i knew you would say that, you missed my major point. of course you can bundle different products for marketing purposes, microsoft also sells powerpoint and access in a bundle wich has nothing to do with each other.

but there is an access development team not really interacting with the powerpoint development team and both creating a product where access could become an excellent product and powerpoint a very poor piece of software. if they create a poweraccesspoint it would be a poor product overall and the market for access is open for an other solution on the market that focusses it better.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for this feature. Personally, I can't really think of any systems that I would want to remotely monitor that I wouldn't also want to be able to remote control, so for me they go hand in hand...at the moment I have to install two agents on every monitored system, which is less neat, more work/maintenance etc

From a marketing perspective, I think it could be enabled as a feature at additional (low value!!) cost for those that want it?

Also, as I suspect this feature would actually require something like a VPN to be established to handle the RDP session, what about building in VPN features a la NeoRouter? This then opens up the full gamut of remote management/monitoring tools to satisfy people's personal tastes. I appreciate this could be considered bloated though and moving away from the core vision!

• Administrators

I think that a software requiring you to open inbound ports on servers is just wrong, hopefully Mobile PC Monitor would continue to use it's current connectivity design so that no inbound connection will be required.

Also having a VPN router inside the building that keeps RDP sessions is not a solution either. What if the router goes offline? I'd rather preffer the option to connect to each machine in an independed way.

• Administrators

We are in the alpha stage with the Remote Control feature and it's working really well. No other ports will need to be opened in the firewall, it will just work over https.

This feature will be first available to Enterprise Server customers and as soon as we enter the beta stage it will be available for testing.

• 2 months later...

Any update on this feature?  I'd have to second the notion that there aren't many machines that I want to monitor & have no need for RDP/VNC access.  They do go hand in hand.  I'm using LogMeIn right now, but the need to use multiple services is an annoyances.  Would be nice to streamline things and pack it all into one product..PC Monitor!  This absolutely needs to be available for subscribing hosted customers.  Can't justify the cost for enterprise for this feature...

• 1 month later...

Hello ... As I was working on a plugin to have an button that opens locally mstsc.exe with the external ip address of the server, it would be a great feature to simple open een RDP connection to the server.  Now you can see the external ipadress and it opens maps.google.be instead ...

Meanly all the credit goes to Paul, who helped me all the way in trying to create this plugin...

The reason for this creation, is that we are considering buying a subscription of your product, but remote control ... A simple RDP would help us a lot.

So really: could you implement this is the next release ???

Or anyone who can make this plugin work?

Many thanks

Kind Regards