Multiple Accounts - Home and Enterprise

FunnyTrickster

Hi,

I only found out about this today when I saw it in the App Store and I'm impressed. Set this up initially for home use and may subscribe to manage all my PC's

After finding out more I am also interested in seeing if I could use this for work too as it would make everything so much easier.

Now here comes the question... Can the dashboard and mobile app handle multiple accounts one for personal and one for enterprise? If not, will there be plans to allow users to do this?

Thanks

Vinny

• Administrators

Unfortunately we have no plans to handle multiple accounts.

(The Enterprise Server has a feature called "Associated Accounts" where you can "share" computers between accounts).

Unfortunately we have no plans to handle multiple accounts.

(The Enterprise Server has a feature called "Associated Accounts" where you can "share" computers between accounts).

Where is this feature located?

• Administrators

From the PC Monitor Manager press the "Account Details" button and go to the "Associated Accounts" tab.

In the next Enterprise Server update this feature will also be supported in the server Admin app.

Marius,

I have the same issue. Wouldn't republishing the application to iTunes with a slightly different name allow us to have multiple instances of the same application on the same device? That would solve the problem for me. Maybe keep the existing version and add "PC Monitor - Home" and "PC Monitor - Enterprise"? It would be the same app, but the mobile devices would differentiate it and allow two copies, pointed at different instances of the web service, to coexist on the same device. No extra coding on your part, but solves the problem for us.

Dan

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

I actually had this problem too. PC Monitor for work and home at the same time. I ended up using an iPad for work and iPhone for home, this way I have separate devices and I receive notifications from both accounts.

I think that this technique is used to prevent people from flooding Mobile PC Monitor's servers by creating a lot of accounts and spamming notifications.

This isn't really that bad. If you really want to have notifications from multiple accounts just buy an Enterprise Server.

I have an Enterprise Server, for work. I want a way to use PC Monitor on my home systems as well, while keeping it separate. Can I make my personal, cloud hosted account, an associated account of my work account (and I can't see how to do that.)? If so, that would work. If not, then your suggestion doesn't solve my problem.

Dan

• Administrators

You can create another (personal) account using the PC Monitor Admin app on your server and use this one to monitor your personal computers. Then, you can use the associated accounts to share those computers with your work account. Unfortunately, both account have to be on that Enterprise Server.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Well you would be able to monitor your personal computers if you purchase an enterprise server and move them to your server. Or you can get email notifications from your home account and push from the work account. There are various ways to do this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

Unfortunately multiple accounts are not supported at the moment.

However, you can access the Pulseway Dashboard as a different user through 'Shift + right click' combination and run the application as a different user. It will bring up another instance of the dashboard.