Q - Installing Pulseway during AutoPilot enrollment?

AC_Martin_J

Hi there!

I haven't started using Microsofts AutoPilot (part of Intune MDM) yet, but I'm considering to do so in order to make the "out of the box"-experiences easier for both myself/IT and the end user. However, I don't want to hand over a new machine to one of our employees without knowing that Pulseway is installed and functional. I guess Intune can do some installations like the ones currently being handled by Pulseway, so some people may find this unnecessary, but we're currently managing as much as we can through pulseway (scripts, patch management, antivirus, remote control etc) and I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible while adding the benefits of AutoPilot.

Do any of you have any experience deploying Pulseway with AutoPilot? Is it even possible at this point in time?

// Martin

I do not have the exact steps, and it's been awhile since I've actually done much inside Intune, but I do know using Intune, you can push scripts to systems.  Pulseway can definitely be scripted using PowerShell, so there should be no reason you can't push Pulseway to the machine once it's inside Intune.  I've pushed other RMMs in the past, such as Datto RMM via Intune.  

21 hours ago, Mark G38 said:

I do not have the exact steps, and it's been awhile since I've actually done much inside Intune, but I do know using Intune, you can push scripts to systems.  Pulseway can definitely be scripted using PowerShell, so there should be no reason you can't push Pulseway to the machine once it's inside Intune.  I've pushed other RMMs in the past, such as Datto RMM via Intune.  

Thanks Mark G38! I'll look into that.

As long as the client gets registered in pulseway (not just having the agent installed), then it should be fine.

4 hours ago, AC_Martin_J said:

Thanks Mark G38! I'll look into that.

As long as the client gets registered in pulseway (not just having the agent installed), then it should be fine.

Yea no problem.  If you go into Onboarding - Downloads - And then select your Windows download, you can make one for each customer, or if it's just for your internal machines (if that's what you use Pulseway for) then you just make the one, and you just do "Copy Link" and throw that link into your PowerShell script, call the URL to download the file, and then run it. It's an MSI so you can do silent install and it will fully register with Pulseway.