Installed- configured - not working though.

RyanTechelp

So i'll be honest. I'm the new IT guy trying to get pulseway up and running on a Linux Archive server and having issues.
Forgive my ignorance.

These are the errors I get when I type - service pulseway status - into terminal

any help is hugely appreciated

pulseway.service - Remotely Monitor and Control IT Systems
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/pulseway.service; enabled; vendor preset:
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2021-12-01 20:35:55 UTC; 4min 59
  Process: 15588 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/pulsewayd --no-daemonize (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 15588 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 01 20:35:55 mf-server systemd[1]: Started Remotely Monitor and Control IT Sy
Dec 01 20:35:55 mf-server pulseway[15588]: Starting Pulseway Daemon version 8.8.
Dec 01 20:35:55 mf-server pulseway[15588]: Configuration: No 'config' node found
Dec 01 20:35:55 mf-server systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Main process exited, cod
Dec 01 20:35:55 mf-server systemd[1]: pulseway.service: Failed with result 'exit

• Administrators

Hi Ryan,

It seems that your configuration file is broken. I'd reinstall the package and pay extra attention when editing the file to avoid breaking the XML structure (ideally change only the values that are between double quotes for starters and keep backup copies). To register your system use the pulseway-registration command.

-Paul