BitDefender: Endpoint deployment and management

Jamie Taylor

Hey Jamie,

Editing my post.  I've found where this is at, but  I have Bitdefender through Pulseway deployed on my clients, but this was before any integration.  How do I get my current ones to link up and show in Pulseway?  Also, are we able to make Bitdefender policies in the Policies section of Antivirus?   

Edited by Mark G38

• Administrators
On 9/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, Mark G38 said:

Hey Jamie,

Editing my post.  I've found where this is at, but  I have Bitdefender through Pulseway deployed on my clients, but this was before any integration.  How do I get my current ones to link up and show in Pulseway?  Also, are we able to make Bitdefender policies in the Policies section of Antivirus?   

If you send the install command to your agents it will detect an already installed Bitdefender endpoint or it will install it if it's not present. Bitdefender does not allow 3rd party applications to edit policies at this moment.

8 hours ago, 180DegreesIT said:

So, how does this work? We've been waiting for this for well over a year now.

I just found out where it is, went to go and deploy to a test system, and find that "install" is greyed out and unclickable, no matter what I do? Am I missing something here?

Check to see that you don't have an antivirus policy configured under the Server Admin -> Configuration that disables manual antivirus management.

5 hours ago, Misha said:

cant find it at all..

WHERE??

First start the Bitdefender trial from the WebApp -> Antivirus -> License (if you haven't already done so) and then from the WebApp -> Antivirus -> Agent Status you can deploy the antivirus endpoint.

-Paul

• Administrators

Hi Dragos,

Under the WebApp -> Antivirus -> Agent Status you should see BitDefender listed for Windows Agents. If it's still not showing up, try logging in again into the WebApp.

-Paul

5 hours ago, Paul said:

If you send the install command to your agents it will detect an already installed Bitdefender endpoint or it will install it if it's not present. Bitdefender does not allow 3rd party applications to edit policies at this moment.

Check to see that you don't have an antivirus policy configured under the Server Admin -> Configuration that disables manual antivirus management.

First start the Bitdefender trial from the WebApp -> Antivirus -> License (if you haven't already done so) and then from the WebApp -> Antivirus -> Agent Status you can deploy the antivirus endpoint.

-Paul

@Paul I am also unable to install.  I pick Bitdefender and choose the company, check off the options (which btw, will not allow me to select EDR even though I pay for EDR), but then when I try and click Install, the mouse just turns to a denied symbol basically.  

I also looked under Server Admin - Configurations and see no setting that would disable manual AV install.  In fact, I've never seen this under that section, ever.  I went back and reviewed my policies as well as making sure there was nothing under AV policy section either. 

Edited by Mark G38

On 9/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, Misha said:

ok, found how to install. but... for some reason, even we have hundred istalled BitDefenders, in PW it still shows 0/600... 

I am seeing the same issue, along with 2-3 other issues around this.  I was told they will be fixing the issues by end of week.  

We have an ongoing subcription to Bitdefender through a partner and 75% of our estate is managed through this. Is there anyway I can integrate an existing Bitdefender Subscription? Or is this module purely for subscriptions purchased through pulseway?

Hi Paul / Pulseway Team.

Still blanked out for us, but i believe this is because we haven't signed up for the "Bitdefender Trial" - we've been paying for BitDefender / Gravity Zone through pulseway for over a year now, and it doesn't show on the dashboard.

Can this be implemented?

• Administrators
23 hours ago, JohnBe said:

Juste Ordered 30 BitDefender via Pulseway dont find the way to deploy to my customer base.

Please update urgently the way of work we are starting to remove Kaspersky .

Regards

John

A simple logout and login again should do the trick, can you confirm?

2 hours ago, 180DegreesIT said:

Hi Paul / Pulseway Team.

Still blanked out for us, but i believe this is because we haven't signed up for the "Bitdefender Trial" - we've been paying for BitDefender / Gravity Zone through pulseway for over a year now, and it doesn't show on the dashboard.

Can this be implemented?

Yes, that is the case. We will be migrating the license into the new system in the upcoming days.

-Paul

On 9/27/2021 at 11:22 PM, Mark G38 said:

@Paul I am also unable to install.  I pick Bitdefender and choose the company, check off the options (which btw, will not allow me to select EDR even though I pay for EDR), but then when I try and click Install, the mouse just turns to a denied symbol basically.  

I also looked under Server Admin - Configurations and see no setting that would disable manual AV install.  In fact, I've never seen this under that section, ever.  I went back and reviewed my policies as well as making sure there was nothing under AV policy section either. 

Did you get this resolved @Mark G38?

Still showing a deny symbol for us too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/29/2021 at 5:59 AM, Eddie said:

We have an ongoing subcription to Bitdefender through a partner and 75% of our estate is managed through this. Is there anyway I can integrate an existing Bitdefender Subscription? Or is this module purely for subscriptions purchased through pulseway?

This was never answered, like Eddie, we have an existing subscripton to GravityZone, can this be integrated into Pulseway?  If so, how would this be accomplished and what would be the benefit?

Edited by JonasB

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any progress on these aging issues? We need to deploy to a customer site that has been configured in GravityZone and allocated licenses.

In Pulseway, their AV Policy has been assigned to devices but when we attempt to deploy through Pulseway, it shows we are "over quota" when we clearly are not over quota (yes, we double-checked under Billing).

What do we do to reconcile Bitdefender licensing between GravityZone and Pulseway?

On top of that, our Pulseway tenant is apparently broken. We cannot click the query icon where we used to be able to search KBs or contact Pulseway Support but that is another issue for another day.

image.jpeg